At Hampshire Classics, we have 42 years’ experience of taking care of extraordinary cars and, as a specialist storage facility, we look after a number of incredible vehicles. Occasionally, we are asked to sell some of these cars and this is how we are able to offer this remarkable museum quality 1978 Ford Escort Mexico Mk II Group 4 Rally Car Evocation for sale on behalf of the owner.
Here are some facts about the car …..
- In September 1989, the car was purchased by Mr G Halstead who, after much research, set about building this superb Group 4 rally car to the exact specification of the cars built by David Sutton Motorsport Ltd.
- In August 1991 David Sutton personally invited Mr Halstead to his factory to run through the specification and work involved.
- Starting with a Ford Mexico bodyshell, Gartrac of Chiddingfold carried out the body modifications. Gartrac Shell Number GAR104MK2/03/98. The car was stripped and totally rebuilt.
- A significant history folder confirms the specification.
- A 1975cc Millington BDG fuel injected engine is fitted. This is mated to a ZF works gearbox, with Gartrac rear axle and suspension, braking is courtesy of ventilated disc brakes.
- Seating is via a pair of Sparco seats with four-point harness safety belts and a roll-cage is fitted.
- In the boot is a G5 Premier Fuel Systems Ltd tank and the reservoir for the engine oil.
- The under bonnet is an area of braided hoses and stainless steel, with everything in easy reach and ample room to work as and when required.
- Comes with superb history folder detailing the significant expenditure and with drawings and specifications for the future owner.
- Outstanding museum quality.
- Millington BDG engine.
- Registration Number: MAA 332T
- Chassis Number: GCATUU00724
- Engine Number: MP127
Please telephone to make a viewing appointment or for further information about this remarkable car.
- Registration date: 1978
- Engine Size:
- Fuel Type: petrol
- Transmission: Manual
- Colour: White
- Body Shape: saloon
- Doors: 2dr